A relatively efficient win for us, Gator Nation.
The biggest takeaway from the game this weekend at Auburn was our efficiency on offense—our ball movement was exceptional—and the hitting open jump shots on the road. The road wins are by far the most important thing to us right now because it is the best we can do to prepare for the SEC and NCAA tournament. The more hostile the environment, the better it is for the team in preparing for the tourney.
We were so efficient the other night that Patric Young didn’t really even need to contribute in the rebounding department. Auburn boxed him in all night and that gave everyone on the perimeter open 3’s to shoot with 25 assists along the way. Hitting over 50% of our 3’s was huge. Having Casey Prather and Michael Frazier II step up and have solid games is also helping negate the loss of Will Yuegete.
All of that said….we have an interesting road on the way to the SEC tournament.
We are at Missouri this week and then have Arkansas visit in a contest, I’m sure is circled on the calendar by this group of Gators. Not to mention games at Tennessee, and at home against ‘Bama and Vandy. The regular season would have culminated with a game at Kentucky, but that doesn’t look as impressive now that they are down their most dominant inside player. None the less, this is crunch time of these Gators. They need to treat these games seriously as preparation for tournament time. We only go 7 deep right now without Yuegete and we aren’t the tallest. We have limitations. There just needs to be a continual focus on proper execution.
Exciting times. I hope you’re catching this season. It’s a good one to be watching.
- COL BKB: Florida 83, Auburn 52 (upi.com)
- Rothstein: Monday Morning College Hoops Notebook; Gators, Jay Wright & More (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- No. 7 Florida vs. Auburn final score: Gators clobber Crimson Tide, 83-52 (sbnation.com)
- Hot-shooting Gators crush Auburn (jacksonville.com)
- Hot-shooting Gators crush Auburn (m.jacksonville.com)
- Auburn Basketball Falls to Florida (whnt.com)
- No. 7 Florida races to 83-52 win over Auburn (tbo.com)
- No. 7 Florida Destroys Auburn In 83-52 Win (miami.cbslocal.com)